44th Annual Health, Safety, & Utility Conference & Trade Show
December 4 - 7, 2017 at the Sheraton Hotel, Red Deer
CO-HOSTED by: RUSA and AMHSA
This four day conference, worth up to 1.2 CEU points, begins on Monday, December 4, with the RUSA sponsored hospitality room - time to catch up with your peers from across the province!
On Tuesday, December 5, register in one of four excellent pre-conference sessions, a great time to further your knowledge and earn Continuing Education Units.
On Wednesday, December 6, join us for breakfast, followed by the welcome address and keynote sessions. At 11:30 am, the trade show opens with a buffet lunch for delegates and presenters. The trade show is open until 6:30 pm and runs concurrent with the afternoon sessions.
Our last day closes out with morning sessions, luncheon, and a closing keynote speaker from 1-3 pm on Thursday, December 7.
- Delegate Registration
- Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration
Register before November 1, 2017 for early bird pricing!
Trade Show Coordinator:
Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Spaces are limited, please register in advance to attend. Sessions A, B, and D have been approved for 0.6 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
- A. Everything DISC Supervisor/Team Lead Skills (0.6 CEUs)
- Presented by Brian Ward, Affinity Consulting and Training Inc. Complete an online assessment report prior to this working session that is designed to help the Supervisor/Team Lead/Lead Hand in directing workers, delegating work, creating a motivating environment, developing workers, and working with senior management. Your email address is required when registering for this session.
- B. WCB Employer Information and Return to Work (0.6 CEUs)
- 2 half-day sessions rolled into 1. The first session is useful for municipal workers responsible for the WCB program in their organization. Learn to manage your WCB account from experienced professionals. The second session helps the organization with return to work/modified work plans and is a requirement for employers participating in the PIR/COR program. Both sessions will be presented by Teri Spohr, who has over 25 years of experience with WCB Alberta.
- C. Safe Talks (Suicide Awareness)
- A half-day session for the municipal worker involved in the health and wellness of workers in their organization when it comes to Suicide Awareness. Further details TBA.
- If there is significant interest, a morning session may be added to the schedule.
- D. Working with Pressure Relief Valves (0.6 CEUs)
- The pressure relief valve is an integral part of many systems, allowing for the set release of excessive pressure, avoiding damage to process, equipment, and workers. Register for this session to learn more about this vital “path of least resistance”. Presented by Keith Kierulf, Summit Controls.
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Conference registration is not required to attend meetings.
- Alberta Cities Safety Council (10am - 3pm)
- Presented by Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association
- Rural Utilities Safety Association Annual General Meeting and Luncheon (12pm - 1pm)
- RUSA members only.